A sudden withdrawal of the US troops from Northeastern Syria in the beginning of October 2019 and the start of the Turkish «Peace Spring» military operation led to a new step of the Syrian crisis. This caused a resonance among Kurdish civilians living that area. Betraying SDF the Americans created all conditions for worsening the situation in the region, new bloody clashes, destructions and victims .
Aren’t the US able to stabilize the situation and support those who they have supported since 2014? There are 5 reasons why Washington won‘t be able to restore peaceful life in the Northeastern Syria:
1. The USA always lead only their interests. Imaging themselves as the world leader they brake the rules of International law, dissolve strategic agreements and treaties unilaterally and provoke economic wars. Moreover, America was never afraid of betrayal of its allies. After Washington supported the President of Iraq Saddam Hussein in the war against Iran in 1980-1988 the Iraqi leader was overthrown from his post in 2003, captured and executed. Furthermore, the US betrayed Egypt: in 2011 Washington send 150 million dollars to Egyptian and foreign non-governmental groups for organization of rebellion in Cairo and overthrow of the President Hosni Mubarak. The same situation happened with Syrian Kurds: the USA used them for economic benefit exploiting Syrian oil. This fact was approved by US President Donald Trump on October 25, 2019. It“s worth mentioning that usage of oil is not the only one action of US betrayal. When President of the Executive Committee of the Syrian Democratic Council Ilham Ahmed asked Washington to stop Turkish military operation «Peace Spring», USA ignored this request and advised not to make any hasty decisions.
2. Oil is the only thing which USA need in Syria. There are many oil and gas fields especially in Raqqa, Al-Hasakah, Deir ez-Zor provinces. Most of these areas are under SDF control. USA got benefit from SDF as the Kurds were against Damascus but they weren’t able to resist it. So Washington offered military assistance and sent troops to the provinces which are full of oil and gas in order to get them for a long period of time.
3. USA face lack of troops. According to Donald Trump, America has completed its operation in Syria so Washington needs to withdraw its forces excepting small units which will stay just for «safety» of Syrian oil. As the result, about 500 American soldiers stay in Syria who won“t be able to resist terrorist attack.
4. US actions in the Middle East are controlled by Israel. Israel is the «Jewish enclave» among Muslim countries of the Middle East. Tel Aviv needs war among Muslims because Israel will live until the war between Arab countries stops.That“s the reason why Israeli foreign policy will always be against its neighbours and USA will help it in destabilization of the Middle East.
5. USA won“t interfere in Turkish «Peace Spring» military operation. Turkey like USA is a NATO member so both countries have the same vision on Syrian conflict. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan destabilizes situation in the Northeast of Syria and when SAA and SDF try to expel Turkey from the buffer zone, USA devastate Syrian oil reserves. One more thing is that Ankara supports HTS and SNA which activities lead to multiple casualties and destruction of infrastructure pushing the end of the war away for an unknown period of time.
Future of the Kurds living in the Northeastern Syria is a real problem as the situation on SDF-held areas is very difficult. Inhuman position of the USA to the Syrians and their future and support of Turkey makes more issues for SAA. Humanitarian crisis and clashes in the region are fully supported by the USA as the White House is interested in Syrian oil only.